Thursday, February 14, 2013

FINALLY!!!! PEACE...

My biggest lessons from 2012 (I dedicated my all to train for 2004 and 2012 Olympic trials and failed to make the team twice) finally realized in 2013. 

Personally, i struggled for some time as to why my dream did not become my reality after dedicating a great part of my late 20's to 30's to my Olympic dream.  

My mentor and social activist/humanitarian, Arthur Ashe said it best, "You've got to get to the stage in life where going for it is more important than winning or losing."  

After years, months and moments of temporary mental defeat, it was all clear to me!  Thank you, Arthur!  This is what I learned.
  • make a plan 
  • have faith in the plan
  • make a positive decision about your plan and continue to do so
  • the end will play out the way it should
What brings you moments of temporary defeat that having a plan and making a decision would give you clarity?

2 comments:

  1. this is so true...success is a journey not a destination. You laugh, you cry, you celebrate, you joyed...all of it is precious moments that's called success. love your writing....keep it up. Cindy Lin http://beachmoney.getmoneyhavefun.com

    ReplyDelete